Since we live in Arizona, the Lord reminded me this year not to refer to Arizona’s dry season by the phrase Arizona’s “fire season.” The first reference is to the season of dryness before the monsoons come and the other is actually a confession that we expect fires to come, as it is the season for them. As God’s people, and especially His praying people, there is power in what we say and what we pray, according to these verses in Proverbs: Proverbs 18:21 “Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the…
I have listed below some of the things the Lord taught me personally regarding my daily prayer life. I pray they will bless you and help you in ways to pray so that you can see the answers to your own prayers.
- Schedule a regular daily prayer time and ask God to help you keep it. Set a time to pray and how long you plan to pray. You can start with a short time and then increase it as you are able.
- Turn off cell phones or do not answer phones while in prayer. You are talking to God. Share your heart with God just as you would a dear friend. This will establish a strong relationship with God.
- Set a good place to pray and have your Bible, pen, paper and other devotional books near as God may speak to you through them. (We have daily devotionals online here.)
- Do not wait until a perfect time to pray. If you have trouble praying in the mornings, pray in the evenings to cover the next day until you can pray in the mornings too. The time of day you pray is not as important as actually praying. You can even pray at noon breaks.
- Sandwich prayers during wait times. “Pray on the hoof.” You can pray in your driving time.
- Pray without ceasing. Stay in a praying attitude at all times. Talk to God about everything. Things become easier to do when you discuss them with God and He shows you how to accomplish something. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- Pray the news. When you hear of bad news pray right then. Pray for the salvation and deliverance of people you see on the Internet and TV. Pray for good to overcome evil. Current News Items to pray about at a link posted in the Prayer room.
- Pray publically when someone asks you to pray for them, stop right then and grab their hands and pray for them (when possible) and do not let pride keep you from praying in public places. We can pray quietly with others to help them.
- Pray over your meals at home and in public giving thanks to God for your food and ask God to cleanse it as well.
- Develop a habit of praying agreement and intercessory prayers with your mate, family or friends. Our prayers should agree with God’s will and His Word and then we can agree together for the needed answers. https://bibleresources.org/prayer/
- If something unexpected comes up and you cannot pray during your regular prayer time, don’t skip the prayer, just say a short prayer to cover what just came up.
- Make an appointment to pray with your family. Establish a “Family Altar” time. Read The Prayer Saturated Family written by Cheryl Sacks, a friend of mine, who has changed many lives and impacted this world through prayer.
- Arrange a prayer meeting in your home weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
- Attend prayer meetings announced in your area. There is power in praying corporately.
- Read Christian books and articles on prayer. We provide helps on how to pray in the Bible Resources.org Prayer Room at Prayer Room
- Pray the scripture. Many of the Psalms, as well as other Bible verses you can personalize, as they are God’s promises to us, as Christians. Praying the Scripture
- Pray the Lord’s Prayer and ask God what is on His heart that needs prayer and pray those prayers as well as praying for others. Matthew 6:9-13
- Make your thought life one of prayer. When you see people on the street or elsewhere who are obviously hurting, stressed or in sin, pray for them silently.
- Ask God to send you a prayer partner, as agreement in prayer is very powerful.
- Add fasting to your prayers, as God leads, as it speeds up the answers to your prayers. Bible Fasting
- Pray in the Holy Spirit by praying in tongues, especially when you do not know how to pray as the Spirit of God will pray through you according to the will of God. What the Bible Says About Praying in Tongues.
- Pray during praise and worship times as praise will prepare your heart to touch God.
- Pray for others by laying your hands on them and anointing them with oil as you pray for their needs, especially healing. Prayer Helps
- Mix faith with your prayers and expect God to answer as He delights to answer our prayers.
- Read God’s Wisdom for Daily Living Devotional by Betty Miller that has a daily prayer within the devotional at this link: https://bibleresources.org/daily-bible-devotional/
“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse” (Malachi 4:5-6, KJV).
The Bible talks about a time of tribulation and chaos right before the return of Christ to this earth; yet, He also promises us that He will send us the spirit of Elijah, the Old Testament prophet who performed miracles in his day. Satan has a plan to cause tremendous disunity and mistrust between the generations. This is already happening in the world in a greater measure than we have ever seen. Satan has come with his curse on our children. Nevertheless, Satan will ultimately fail, because the Lord has already ordained that a key movement in the end times will be one of restoration among the generations! God is going to anoint His overcoming people with a spirit of miracles that will touch the hearts of our children to return to God.
Take heart all of you praying parents, if your children have strayed from the Lord or, if they are in rebellion; the Bible says that the seed of the righteous shall be delivered and blessed. We, as parents, need to continue to stand for our children in faith and trust the Lord to turn their hearts back to us if we are estranged from them, or if they are walking in rebellion against us.
“Though hand join in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished: but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered” (Proverbs 11:21).
“His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed” (Psalm 112:2).
Throughout the Word of God, the righteous declare that their purpose is to declare the glory of God to the next generation. (more…)