Is Bitcoin Real Money? What about Gold and Silver?
A Looming Global Monetary Crash Coming Soon?
All the top financial experts are predicting a soon coming global stock market crash that will include bank closures, as they see a total collapse in the entire financial system that could result in a change to the entire monetary system of America. They see this crash happening not only the USA, but one that will affect the entire world. The root cause of this crash is attributed to the printing of trillions of dollars of paper money that will result in deflation of the dollar which will lead to a depression world-wide since most of the nations are all doing the same thing. (I will address more about this below.) The majority of well-known financial experts all agree about the crash coming, they just do not know when it will happen. Most think it is imminent. Where they disagree, is in their approach as to what we should do about it.
Many financial speculators are giving financial advice and telling people to protect their life savings and move their cash to Bitcoin or silver and gold or real estate or hard assets. Is all their advice scriptural? Is some of it good? There is talk of governments moving to a cashless society and using crypto and/or digital currencies. What is real money? What are crypto currencies? Is Bitcoin a safe investment? How will these things affect us? Will there be inflation and a depression? Is there something we can do to protect our life savings? As Christians, who can we trust? Should Christians even be involved in this discussion? When will this happen? Is the new administration making plans to change our entire financial system? I will attempt to answer some of these questions in this article by sharing my personal opinions after some research and study and scriptural advice from the Word of God. The most important thing will be our faith in God to sustain and protect us.
What are Christian Leaders Saying about a Stock Market Crash?
News about a crash is not just coming from secular people and financial advisors and experts, but many Christian leaders are voicing their concerns as well. Some Prophets of God are prophesying this crash, as well. One major prophetic voice, the late David Wilkerson, has been predicting a great depression for years. He wrote a book entitled, “God’s Plan to Protect His People In the Coming Depression.” The last time I checked, this book was out of print and there were only a few copies for sale on the Internet and they were going for over $100.00 each. Here are two quotes from David from this book:
“One third of the world is now suffering economic depression! No one will ever convince me that America can avoid a full-blown depression. In fact, I believe it has already begun. Soon the financial bubble will burst and we are going to be shocked by the blindness and ignorance of our leaders and financial experts. They have no idea of the severity and suddenness of the coming storm. Soon the cry will be: Was there nobody in charge? How did this happen?”
“Those, who right now, are setting their hearts to seek God with all their being and are saturating their hearts and minds with the Word of God are better prepared for the coming storm than anyone. They are safer and more protected than those in the world who have made all kinds of physical preparation. The only trustworthy preparations are those for the heart, not the body. This is where all preparations must begin. However, a servant of God loses nothing by storing a supply of food. If chaotic conditions are indeed ahead, our food supply will allow us to be prepared just as Joseph in the Bible was. You may ask, what if no such crisis comes to pass? The answer is simple: We can simply use the food later or, better yet, give it away to needy families, to God’s glory.”
Both camps (secular and spiritual) are predicting a crash with a depression, but they just give their own opinions and advice as to what they believe you should do about it. Some are investing in gold and silver and others real estate. Some are listening to the speculators and are moving their funds to Bitcoin. Some are investing in food reserves, hard assets, etc. I am not a financial advisor but feel led to share with you a lot of the information that I am hearing about on the news and the Internet. I want you to be aware of these dire predictions, so you can pray and ask God if you need to do anything. As a Christian, the first thing I do is to pray about things and take my questions to the Lord and look to the Word of God to answer them.
Bitcoin and the Stock Market
Since there is so much in the news about Bitcoin right now and I did not feel good about it, I started praying and asking God about the subject, along with doing some research. I wanted an answer from God, as I have friends invested in this and some have asked me what I thought about it. (Just for the record, I do not own any Bitcoin stock or any other stock for that matter.) I am not against people investing in the stock market if they are led of the Lord to do so, but since the stock market and Wall Street promote so much lust and greed it is wise to seek God when handling things in the world.
Here is an excerpt from a previous article I penned a number of years ago on this subject:
“What the Bible Says about the Stock Market”
The Bible actually does not say anything specifically about the Stock Market. However, it is full of principles that directly affect any kind of investing. The basic principle of the stock market is not wrong if it is followed properly. What is that principle? When a man or a group of men have a good and righteous business or company that benefits humanity; yet they lack funding to make that business productive, it creates a need for another’s help. If another man or a group of men (investors) have surplus funds and could use the monies as additional or future support, it also creates a need for another’s help. When the one group physically does the work and the other supports that work with his funds, it becomes mutually beneficial for both parties. However, today, many people invest without any research in the company they are investing in. They do not know if the company policies are based on good Biblical principles. They know nothing as to how their employees are treated. They know nothing of the history of the company. They do not know the character of the ones running the business; whether they are honest, reliable or trustworthy, etc. They know nothing of their alliances (do they support or promote unholy causes such as pornography, abortion, etc.). Sad to say, but most of the stock market is run by lust and greed, instead of wise investment and helping one another.
Bitcoin versus Cash Money
Now this brings me to the subject of should one take his cash out the bank and invest in Bitcoin? People should remember their savings accounts in banks are insured by the FDIC, while there is no insurance in Bitcoin. It is a speculative investment with risk. However, before this answer can be fully considered, we need to get a definition of what is Bitcoin and what is money? Let’s begin with defining what Bitcoin is since people investing in Bitcoin believe they are exchanging their cash money for another form of money called Bitcoin. Then, we will look at the definition of money.
Bitcoin and Crypto Currencies
Below is the Definition of Bitcoin according to Wikipedia
Bitcoin (₿) is a cryptocurrency invented in 2008 by an unknown person or group of people using the name Satoshi Nakamoto and Martti Malmi and are said to be the creators of Bitcoin. The currency began use in 2009 when its implementation was released as open-source software. Bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency, without a central bank or single administrator that can be sent from user to user on the peer-to-peer bitcoin network without the need for intermediaries. Transactions are verified by network nodes through cryptography and recorded in a public distributed ledger called a blockchain. Wikipedia
Because some people have asked me what I thought about Bitcoin. Here are my deductions (I first must state that I am not a monetary counsellor, but have read and studied what God says about money and finances in the scripture.) People have already have made and lost money with their Bitcoin investments, just as those who have invested in speculative stocks.
What is Bitcoin?
From my research here is my definition of Bitcoin. First of all, it is not a literal coin. It is being sold and used online as a crypto currency. However, it is not considered a currency by some because of its limited use and has even been banned in some nations. Currently it is being used to transfer money between negotiating parties that have the application (App) from Bitcoin that allows trades. In its current state, it cannot be used in a traditional way that money is used, as most businesses do not take it as cash or money. It uses “Blockchain technology which is a specific database that stores information in blocks that are chained together. Primarily the most common use so far has been as a ledger for transactions which Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are using. Blockchain technology, in itself, is being used by a number of businesses in processing their transactions so Blockchain is a useful tool for secure monetary digital transactions. The technology itself can be useful for online business transactions, so I am not talking about block chain in this article but rather, Bitcoin cryptocurrency itself (although it uses block chain technology.)
I copied this definition of Bitcoin from the Internet at http://factmyth.com/factoids/bitcoin-is-an-actual-coin/
“Bitcoin isn’t a literal coin; it’s a list of transactions recorded on a shared digital public ledger called a “block chain”. All “coins” are stored in digital bitcoin “wallets” and can be verified against the ledger. Verifying transactions is done using cryptography in a process known as “bitcoin mining”. Bitcoin is set to allow one block to be added to the chain every ten minutes by miners. When transactions are added, new coins are created and paid to miners. This process helps control the rate at which new currency is introduced to the bitcoin economy and helps protect against fraud.”
What is Fiat Money?
Now my questions arise as to how this money was created in the beginning as I simply could not understand it from the videos I watched and how it is still being created today. If it is along the lines that our government creates our current fiat money by using printing presses to print it out of thin air, then Bitcoin would fall into the same category that our government is doing, which is, in my opinion, creating counterfeit money. Why do I say this? Because all paper money that has no gold or asset backing is simply what we call “fiat money.” Fiat money refers to any currency lacking intrinsic value that is declared legal tender by a government. As valid currency solely by virtue of a government declaration, fiat money, is not backed by any commodity, such as gold, but only by the faith of the bearer. The only thing that gives worth to our paper money is the confidence that the people have in it. If, through inflation or other means, it loses its value it will no longer be worth anything. It is currency that is not based on intrinsic money that should be created by labor. I will now have to give a definition of what true money should be.
Definition of Real Money
It helps to understand the properties and functions of money.
- The item serves as a medium of exchange. In order for an item to be considered money, it must be widely accepted as payment for goods and services.
- The item serves as a unit of account. In order for an item to be considered money, it must be the unit that prices, bank balances, etc. are reported in.
- The item serves as a store of value. In order for an item to be considered money, it has to (to a reasonable degree) hold its purchasing power over time.
As these properties suggest, money was introduced to societies as a means of making economic transactions simpler and more efficient, and it mostly succeeds in that regard. In some situations, items other than officially designated currency have been used as money in various economies. In biblical times, coins of silver and gold were used as that medium so the oldest medium used for the longest length of time has been gold and silver; therefore silver and gold fit this definition. My question does Bitcoin fit this description? Bitcoin only has a short history. Will it be accepted or rejected by the majority of the public as a new medium of exchange? Bitcoin is not a proven form of currency, like gold or silver which has been established as a form of money since Bible days.
Here is a list of reasons I am having issues with accepting Bitcoin and other crypto currencies as a means of monetary exchange:
- Is Not Real Money: In my opinion, Bitcoin is not real money, but rather a digitized form of money, as true money (a means of exchange) is something you can hold in your hand. i.e.: gold and silver coins or paper money backed by gold. Of course, our money in the United States today is no longer backed by gold, so it is not real money either. (The government removed the gold backing policy during President Nixon’s presidency. It is now called fiat money, but is considered legal tender by the US government and accepted by the general public.)
- Is a Crypto Currency Investment with Risk: Bitcoin is traded on centralized and decentralized crypto exchanges. Investing or trading Bitcoin only requires an account on an exchange, though they have nearly the same level of features as their stock brokerage counterparts. Bitcoin being an investment is similar to stock investments with the potential risk of losing your investment. That being said, I would not want to invest in something unless I thoroughly understood it and knew the background of the people and technicians who developed it. With every stock investment, a person should investigate and vet the owners as to their integrity and company management guidelines and policies. Sadly most stock purchases are more speculative and more like gambling than investing. (See my article on “What Does the Bible Say about the Stock Market?”)
I learned something from a book I read years ago entitled, “Business by the Book” written by Larry Burkett. He cautioned people not to invest money into something they did not understand, no matter how excited the seller or others might be about it. Here is a quote from that book: Get-rich-quick thinking leads to three basic errors: (1) Getting involved with things you cannot understand; (2) Risking funds you cannot afford to lose, that is, borrowed funds, and (3) Making hasty decisions. Each of these actions violates one or more biblical principles…Together they constitute a sin called greed.” Larry Burkett with Christian Financial Concepts.
This information saved Bud and me from putting money into questionable things over the years. Now in regard to Bitcoin, I did some research by reading and watching videos so I could understand how it operates. Even though I do have quite a bit of IT understanding and a computer background now, I still have only a partial understanding of Bitcoin. (Since 1993, my late husband and I pioneered, founded and managed two major websites over the years, (Bible.com and BibleResources.org) and although I have researched Bitcoin thoroughly, I just do not have the technical knowledge to fully understand how it operates. Here is a link I found that has a 5 minute video explaining how Bitcoin works. If you understand it after watching it, then I would appreciate you writing me with an explanation in lay terms to help me understand it.
Explanation of Bitcoin in a 5 minute video
- Has a Record of a Short History: Bitcoin (and other crypto currencies) only have a short history or record that is available for valuation, while gold and silver have been proven as a medium of exchange and used in most cultures down through the centuries.
- Comes with Loss of Privacy with Monetary Transparency Revealed to Others: With Bitcoin you also have reduced privacy with every transaction as they can be tracked and are transparent to others in the Network. This creates a loss of your financial privacy. Do we really want others to have the ability to see our personal spending records?
- Requires Dependency on 4 Things: To use Bitcoin which is a “digital currency” or “crypto currency” you must have four things to make it work. These are a computer or cell phone, electricity, the software and technology and system it functions on, plus faith in the tech giants that operate and manage it. It will not work without all these things in place. How will the poor of the world be able to use it? (Perhaps governments will take care of the poor in a meager way in exchange for their votes?) What happens if you need funds and the electricity or internet is not functioning? What if there is not a cell tower in your area? What if their servers crash with all of your transaction records on it? Who manages the backups? How long will it take to recover your records?
- Requires Faith and Trust in the System Managers: It is a peer to peer technology system that was created by IT gurus, so we must be able to trust them that they know what they are doing. They claim that Bitcoin is operated by a network and do not name an individual or individuals who now manage the system, but claim all members are managers. My question is who is head of all the members? (I have my doubts about turning my money over to a network (networks are made up of people and who are these people?). Should we trust our money to them? Are they trust worthy? They would have to be people with technology backgrounds who really understand it. . We are seeing what other tech companies are currently doing, in that they are making the decisions as to who can use their systems and who cannot use them. Will they decide to cancel people in the future? Remember we are seeing tech giants using the “Cancel Culture” to determine who will and who will not be allowed to use their systems.) Who is really at the root of Bitcoin and the group of people who are operating the entire system? It cannot just be a nebulous “network” run by every member. That is my question. Maybe I just do not understand such a complicated system. I read some advice years ago, about investing and what it said was, “If you do not understand it, do not invest in it.”
- Is Mostly Available to the Very Rich: At the present Bitcoin is used more for national and global trading and not available for wide spread local purchases, so it is limited to the very rich and not the ordinary person.
- Is Still More Like a Speculative Stock Investment: I do know people have and will make money investing in Bitcoin to some degree; however, as with any speculative stock, no one knows when to get in and when to get out and those that are investing large amounts of their savings could very well lose it all, as some have already lost large amounts of money in Bitcoin when it nosedived in the past. Bitcoin at the present moment is not regulated by the government (although it could be in time). This being true many feel like some criminal elements are using it to launder money online and that is one reason the government has its eyes on it.
- Is Being Touted As a Safe Haven for Savings as Fear of a Crash Looms Over the World: The reason Bitcoin is even being considered right now, is people are getting afraid they may lose their money, because they realize that the banks could fail and we could have an enormous stock market crash any time, so they are looking for places to put their life savings. Many are in their 401(K) Savings Plans. Some financial advisors are telling people that Bitcoin is the place to put those funds. However, better advice would be to leave their funds intact in their 401(K) plans and just change their stock investments into the purchase of gold and silver. Financial advisors can help people switch to investments in gold instead of stocks in their 401(K) s if they are concerned about a stock market crash. The main thing is that you must hear from God what you are to do personally. I am not a financial advisor. I am just sharing information with you.
- Wrong Financial Advice Can Generate Fear: Fear should never motivate a Christian. We need to ask God for His Wisdom regarding the future. Since most people think that the stock market is “the only game in town” for investments, they do not know what to do with their money. This is the time we need God to guide us. There are other investments such as using funds to get totally out of debt, paying off your home, purchasing real estate in the country, purchasing gold and silver, purchasing hard assets, food stores, tools and equipment and things people will need in the future, investing in helping people, helping the poor, investing in helping others establish small businesses outside of the stock market and investing in the Kingdom of God. If we commit all to God, He will guide us in what we need to do with our money.
Has Money Ever Failed in a Society in the Bible?
Yes, there is a record of money failing in a society in the Bible. You can read the story in Genesis Chapter 47.
Genesis 47:15 “And when money failed in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, all the Egyptians came unto Joseph, and said, Give us bread: for why should we die in thy presence? for the money faileth.”
There was a famine in the land during the time that this happened. However, God had raised up a man named Joseph who was the Pharaoh’s right hand man and he had wisdom from God and had stored up food for hard times for the people of the land, since he was given knowledge from God that the famine was coming and how long it would be. Today, there are Prophets and people of God that are telling people there will be food shortages and they should store up food now while we have a window of time to do so. In the coming days food could be more valuable than gold or money.
Yes, God will take care of His children no matter what happens, but perhaps He wants to help us prepare ahead of time, so we will not be a victim of what the devil is planning and it will be easier for us than those who do not prepare or plan ahead.
China has implemented a crypto currency in some of their cities, but it comes with the cost of the total loss of financial privacy and government control. The same plans are in the making for our country. China, being a communist country, has always restricted freedom, so it was easy for their government to manipulate the masses there, in order to implement this new monetary system. However, we are a free nation and it will be harder for the government here to deceive the masses, but people are vulnerable when it comes to the need for money and food. There are a number of Christian business people in our nation who are aware of these plans and are positioning themselves not to become a part of it. There are also a number of moral people who feel the same way. The testimony below is one of those people. (I do not know if they are Christians). These are not Christian testimonies per se, but rather common sense testimonies.
Here are a couple of videos you really need to take time to view if you are concerned about inflation and your investments. I would encourage you to do so, as these videos will enlighten you to some of the things that are going on right now. Since Bud’s passing to heaven, I have had the time to pray more and review and research a number of YouTube videos and sermons. The Lord has led me to some very revealing things that are going on right now in financial circles that need immediate prayer. Many other things are happening as well, that confirm we are in those perilous times mentioned in the Bible. We are definitely in the time of the end right before Jesus comes to this earth again. But remember that day comes after a period of great tribulation according to Matthew 24.
2 Timothy 3:1-5:
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
YouTube Interviews Warning of the Coming Collapse
I have included a couple of interviews I found on YouTube if you would like to watch them. They are warning people of the coming collapse. The first one is an interview by Daniela Cambone interviewing Lynette Yang (of Phoenix, AZ) who is telling people to get out of the system since the Feds have a Master Plan regarding the soon collapse of the monetary system which will cause many people to lose their entire savings (or a big portion of them). The government then wants to lead the masses into surrendering the control of their money to them. One is posted from Stansberry Research (which Ron Paul endorses.) It was just posted March 22, 2021.
Lynette Yang: Why You Must Get Out of the System. The Fed’s Master Plan (10 Minute Video) Interview by Daniela Cambone with Stansberry Research
In this video Lynette Zang, Chief Market Analyst at ITM Trading explains central bank is getting prepared because they expect to lose control of inflation soon “This new system will enable the Fed to deposit money directly and give them absolute control of their policies. This coming UBI stimulus scheme will be the fuel that starts the hyperinflation fire since we are a consumer-driven economy; they have to get us to consume,” she says. Watch video at the link below:
Lynette Yang: Why You Must Get Out of the System. The Fed’s Master Plan (22 Minute Video) Longer interview with more details watch video at the link below:
Also, if you want an understanding of why the nation (and the world) is on the brink of a total financial collapse, Peter Schiff shares those reasons in this video link below. Basically, God is shaking everything that is not built on His Word and our biggest problem financially is that we, as a nation, are headed for bankruptcy without a divine intervention from God. It is because of the enormous amount of debt we have with no way to pay off. Simply put, the outgo is more than the income. Record-high government debt is projected to hit $31.4 TRILLION by 2030. This is impossible to sustain in the natural. Only God can save us. He is waiting on us to individually and corporately to repent of our sins so He can show us the way out of destruction.
America the next Greece? Peter Schiff with the Fraser Institute (57 Minute Video)
What happened in Greece? For the sake of brevity, during the years of 2009 to 2016 Greece faced a national bank crisis which led to it facing a total bank collapse. Greek voters said “no” to austerity measures (cutting back on spending), so instability created a run on the banks. Greece sustained extensive economic damage during the two weeks surrounding the vote. Banks closed and restricted ATM withdrawals to 60 euros per day. They were not allowed to withdraw their money from their checking and savings accounts. Instead, the bank proposed they would give them only a portion of their deposited monies and would give them bank stock for the rest of their funds in order to keep the bank from going totally bankrupt. The people had to accept this deal or they would have not received any of their money at all. Can this happen in the United States? Watch video at the link below:
The Fall of a Democracy
Quote below by Alexander Fraser Tytler, Lord Woodhouselee who was a Scottish advocate, judge, writer and historian who served as Professor of Universal History, and Greek and Roman Antiquities at the University of Edinburgh
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years. Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.”
The government and corporate greed and lust, with no restraint, has led us to this place. It is only a matter of “when this will happen,” not “if it will happen.” Our government has broken all the biblical financial laws, especially in the area of debt, so this federal system can no longer stand. If we personally break those same financial laws, we too will fail financially. Our individual debt can also bring destruction on our nation. Debt is not sinful, but failing to repay our debts is. We can sin by not obeying God with our money. If you are having financial difficulties, there is a check list on this page as to what you may not be doing regarding your finances. Click on link to an article I wrote on “What the Bible Says about Finances.”
One major financial sin Christians are committing is their failure to tithe and give to the works of God. Sin has led us to this place and only repentance will save us. However, God has a remnant of people who are hearing His voice and God will save them as He did Noah and his family in the time of the flood that swept away that violent society. (Genesis 6 & 7). Right now the devil is trying to set up people for the future “mark of the beast.” Things are now unfolding rapidly that were predicted in the Bible thousands of years ago. Men will be marked in their minds long before they will be marked physically, unless they are putting the Word of God into their hearts and minds.
I have spent the day writing this as it was urgent on my heart. I do not know how much time we have before these events begin to unfold, it could be days, weeks or even a year or two. Since God is merciful, He gives us more time to repent and obey Him when we pray and seek Him. I just know the Lord wants to help us get ready in the natural, as well as get ready in the spirit as well. Please pray about how the Lord wants you to respond to the information I have shared with you in this article. As I said, I am not a financial counsellor, but I have learned and practice what the Bible says about finances so I am not afraid as I know the Lord will not only provide for us in hard times, but will also use His people to help others in the days ahead. He is sending His glory on His people in the days ahead to show Himself as the mighty God Who preserves His people. We are shifting into supernatural guidance and provision for all who are fully committed to the will of god. I am listing some additional links below that you might want to read as well.
A Warning to Rich Men Who Look to Their Riches Instead of God
1 Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.
2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
4 Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.
5 Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.
6 Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.
7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.
If none of this applies to you or has spoken to you, my last word on this subject is this. No amount of money will save any of us in the days ahead. If we are trying to protect our money, without submitting completely to the will of God (being willing to go anywhere, give up anything and do anything He asks of us); then we shall surely lose our worldly possessions. He wants us to trust Him. God is dealing with lust and idolatry in the hearts of His people and He loves us enough to chastise us so we do not end up backsliding or miss our blessings or even end up in hell. Remember the parable of the “Ten Virgins” in Matthew 25. Five of them could not enter into the wedding chamber with Jesus. This chapter also talks about those who hid the Lord’s money and what happened to them.
I guarantee you will be able to hear God once you commit totally to Him. Bud, my late husband, gave one of his testimonies along those lines. He said when he first came into the spirit filled walk, he kept hearing people say, “The Lord spoke to me about so and so.” Yet, he said he never heard God say anything to him. Then when he got down on his knees and totally surrendered to God one night alone in a motel, telling God he would go anywhere and do anything He wanted him to do, even if it meant being a preacher; that is when he heard God audibly speak to him what He wanted him to do. This was before we were married. The words Bud heard God say to him the next day was, “Buddy, ask Betty to marry you.”
God wants you to hear from Him regarding all things so I encourage you to surrender totally and unconditionally to Him today. He wants to make you into His image and cause you to overcome all things that are hindering your walk with Him.
For those who are overcomers and make up His bride, He has great things in store for them. One of those is that He wants to make us ruler over all of our goods according to Matthew 24:42-47:
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.